Fall is here and with that means all the pumpkin lattes and apple crisp I can get my hands on! Not really part of my healthy lifestyle, but oh well, a girls gotta splurge sometimes right? My other favorite part of fall you ask? Cozy fall dates at apple orchards and warm coffee shops. Here’s a list of my favorite fall date ideas!
1. Visit an apple orchard.
2. Spend an afternoon together baking things with the apples you picked.
3. Go to your favorite pumpkin patch and pick out pumpkins for the two of you. Then head home for a fun afternoon of carving them! My personal favorite is Barten Pumpkins near New Prague, MN.
4. Try a different coffee shop each Saturday or Sunday morning. I love a cloudy, cool fall morning spent sipping coffee with my love.
5. Take a drive out of town and look at the gorgeous fall colors together. (Bonus points to the spouse that brings along a picnic for a romantic touch)
6. Have a scary movie night. Buy your favorite movie theater snacks and cozy up together.
7. Find a local winery and go for a wine tasting. (Again, bonus points to the spouse that brings along snacks for a picnic in the vineyard!) If you’re looking for a place to go in Minnesota my absolute favorite is Alexis Bailly near Hastings, MN. You will not be disappointed!
8. Take a hike through the fall foliage. Bring your camera along to capture the sweet memories!
9. Take a romantic weekend trip. If you’re in Minnesota our two favorite fall locations are Duluth and Red Wing. Go to Duluth in October when it’s past peak vacation season and it’s cold enough that you want to just huddle up in a cozy hotel room together looking out over Lake Superior. And you’ll definitely want to head to Red Wing when the fall leaves are at their peak colors! The quaint town and surrounding areas are gorgeous that time of year.
10. Head to your favorite restaurant with patio dining and enjoy the last bit of warmth before winter.
11. Enter a 5k together. The perfect outdoor and healthy activity to enjoy as a couple before the cold weather hits!
12. Have a bonfire and snuggle up close.
13. Make it a whole night around the fire with hot dogs, s’mores, and a cup of hot cocoa/cider.
13. Relive your younger days and go to a Friday night high school football game. You’ll have a blast talking memories and snuggled up close to keep warm!
14. Find a local fall festival or Oktoberfest event to attend. I hear New Ulm, MN is the place to go for all things Oktoberfest in my neck of the woods.
15. Make Halloween a date night. Dress up in costumes, have a slow cooked meal prepared, and have fun together handing out candy to the neighborhood kids.
16. Spend a morning together baking pies and deliver them to older couples in your neighborhood in need of a little joy. The couple that gives back together, stays together.
17. Take a day trip and hit up all the small towns in your area. Try local bakeries, coffee shops, and stroll around town together hand in hand. Some of my FAVORITE memories come from days trips with my husband.
18. Create your own brewery tour and try the different fall/pumpkin beers at each stop.
19. Spend a night cuddled up on the couch binge watching your favorite Netflix show.
20. Cook a fall themed dinner together. Soup, warm bread, and apple crisp are a few of our favorites!
Hopefully that gives you enough ideas to have date nights all season long! Comment below with your favorite fall dates. We’re always looking for new things to do and explore during our favorite season!